Sunday, October 10, 2010

DIY - Cheap & Chic Halloween Art Tutorial

Not wanting to spend a fortune on Fall/Halloween decor for our home this year, I decided to try my hand at making a few festive things.

I bought three unfinished wood frames from Michaels for $1 each. The bag of miniature foam faux pumpkins was just $2. Each bag comes with 6 pumpkins. The paper I already had. All in all, this chic art that now sits on our mantle cost $7. How sweet is that?!


Here's a quick tutorial... First, I spray painted the unfinished wood frames black on all sides.


While the frames were drying, I cut the faux pumpkins in half leaving their stems attached.


Then, I traced the frame center onto paper cardstock and cut the shape out. Then I glued the two pieces together. Next, I attached the pumpkin halves to the cardstock with tacky glue.


While the glue was setting, I mod podged the pretty cardstock onto the wood frames.


Finally, I centered the pumpkin art into the frames, secured the back and it was done! Cheap and chic!

2 comments:

  1. They turned out so great! I love that you thought up cutting the pumpkin in 1/2 to add to the frame.. thinking this could work for a few other holidays too... easter, christmas (a snowman made out of styrofoam balls cut in 1/2), etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea; nicely done, nicely done! Thanks for the fun, easy, cheap tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...